Venison Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe
One of my favorite things at Taco Bell is the crunch wrap supreme. I’m not afraid to admit that I love Taco bell, but why not make this at home? I mean come on, it’s not that hard! This is a super easy recipe that our family loves to make for dinner!
Now I don’t always get specific with ingredient amounts, so use your judgement. This easy recipe has quickly become our family favorite!
1 lb. ground Venison
1 Packet Taco Seasoning
6 Large Tortillas
2 cups Shredded Lettuce
1. In a large pan on medium-high heat cook ground venison until it is no longer pink. Be sure to crumble it up small so it fits in the crunch wrap. Drain the grease, or not. I mean come on, it’s venison so it’s super lean!
2. In the pan stir in the taco seasoning with the ground venison.
3. Warm up the nacho cheese either in the microwave or small pot. You’ll end up needing it soon.
4. Warm up the flour tortillas so they are easier to fold around the ingredients, maybe 20 seconds depending on your microwave. Make sure they are on a plate in the microwave or put them in tinfoil in the oven on warm.
5. Once tortillas are warm, take the first one and place it on a flat surface. I usually do this on a clean countertop as its easier to spread the ingredients when completely flat versus a curved plate. That’s up to you though.
6. Spread some nacho cheese in the middle of the tortilla, about the size of the tostada. This will make sure that each bit has the nacho cheese.
7. Put ½ Cup of the taco seasoned venison on top of the nacho cheese. See where this is going? It’s all about layers!
8. Now put the tostada shell on top of the meat, with however much sour cream you want. Then sprinkle some lettuce, and tomato on top.
9. Next is the fun part. We are going to test your folding skills. Can you fold laundry? Just kind of? Well you can do this! You are going to want to fold the crunch wrap tortilla fairly tight, but no so tight that you rip the tortilla shell. Start at the bottom of the tortilla and move around the edges and keep folding it in. Ideally, you shouldn’t see the ingredients on the inside when done.
10. Spray another pan that is large enough to fit the crunch wrap and put it on medium heat. I use cast iron, but a good pan that it wont stick to will work great also. Place the crunch wrap, folded side down onto the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until it’s a nice golden brown.
11. Flip that bad boy over and cook the other side until its golden brown.
12. Repeat steps 5 to 11 until you’ve made enough to feed your small army!
Want to print this easily? Venison Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe PDF
Tip: If your tortillas are too small to conceal all the ingredients, take an extra tortilla and cut it to fit the size of the hole you need to cover. Make sure you place it on the inside top layer before wrapping and cooking your crunch wrap. As you can see in the photos, the biggest tortillas I could find wouldn’t quite fold over far enough to hold in all the ingredients!
Want to modify the recipe?
- Use ground beef and shredded chicken instead of venison.
Replace the sour cream with spicy ranch.
Add cilantro, onion, or refried beans.
Replace the nacho cheese with shredded Mexican cheese, or just add it to it!
Add siracha to each bite when it’s time to eat or add it when putting the crunch wrap together!
Have a cast-iron bacon press? Gently set it on top of the crunch wrap while you cook each side because it will help hold it together while cooking and really make the most of the folding you did earlier so the ingredients don’t come out. Warning: Press too hard and you may crack the tortilla resulting in a loss of ingredients!
Enjoy! If you tried this recipe or have any questions, please post below! We would love to hear what you thought about it or what modifications you made!